Reaching that age where I am old enough to look back on things and there’s more to my past than just school uniform and nights out. It’s a little scary to be honest. Things like back pain and botox is more of a reality than bikinis and eyeshadow.
I’ve been thinking about some highlights over the past few years, in particular things people said to me that stuck with me and had some kind of impact on my life experience so far. And because it has made an impact on me some way or another, I would love to share it with you too, so it could perhaps have an impact on you.
10 Life lessons from people I’ve crossed paths with in my life journey so far:
- Follow your heart, but take your brain with you (Hair stylist assistant)
- Have courage & be kind (Cinderella Movie)
- Always focus on your purpose (Marketing Director)
- Make a decision, a wrong decision is still better than making no decision at all (My dad)
- If the hurt comes, so will the happiness (My cousin)
- There’s no traffic jams in the extra mile (My hairstylist)
- What you give is what you get (Friend)
- There’s no right way, only your way, with enough hard work you will achieve it (My husband)
- Love unconditionally, but never lower your standards (My mom)
- Discipline is a virtue (My brother)
A few of these might seem really cliche (because they are) but if you really take the time to think about each of them and think of ways you can apply it in your life, you will see the impact right away.
We need to give ourselves credit for what we have achieved so far, never sell ourselves short, and take note of the amazing people around you. Incredible change only happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.
Missed my last blog post? Read it here: https://everydayesti.co.za/2019/11/12/its-a-bad-day/