It’s important for us to find confidence in spending time on our own rather than depending on others too much. We need to find confidence and joy within ourselves. Especially for women this can be quite difficult as we are naturally nurturing and therefore spend a lot of time with our family and loved ones. Either taking care of them, chatting to them or simply just being there for the. This takes a way from time you spend on your own for self reflection and personal growth.
So here are 15 things you can do on your own that will encourage self expression, self reflection and self awareness.
- Start your own vegetable/herb garden
- Go to a farmers market
- Journal (Write about gratitude, thing that makes you happy & affirmation)
- Take a walk on the promenade
- Attend a yoga class
- Sign up for an online course
- Take a bubble bath with wine and candles
- Cook/bake something you never have before
- Ride your bike
- Make a list of goals you want to achieve
- Paint, it gets the creative juices flowing and helps with expression
- Make a list of things you are grateful for, and read it to yourself every morning: https://everydayesti.co.za/2019/04/16/when-you-wake-up/
- Write a letter to someone you care about
- Wake up early, make some coffee, and watch the sunrise (even better if you can go to the beach)
You’ve got to do this for you, not for anyone else. You need to give yourself the same attention and care as you would someone else. Honor you, and never let go of that.