What consumes your mind controls your life. The hardest part about coming to terms with your shortcomings is dealing with it in your mind, and not allowing your limitations to negatively affect the perception you have of yourself. With so much happening around us, we had to adapt to our surroundings, making us less aware of what we think, feel and do. But we need to take back control and become more focused on these things. So here’s a few things you can do to be mentally stronger.
- Don’t be so damn hard on yourself, it’s not worth it, you’re doing pretty good.
- Don’t be afraid of alone time, it’s good for you.
- Don’t dwell on the past, it’s there for a reason.
- Don’t feel sorry for yourself, you’re wasting time.
- Take calculated risks. #YOLO
- Don’t feel bitter towards other peoples successes, focus on your own.
- Don’t give up if you’ve failed once.
- Remember that the world doesn’t owe you anything.
- Keep in mind that life is fair, because it is unfair to everyone.
- Learn to be patient, don’t expect immediate results.
- You can’t please everyone, so don’t try.
- Don’t be influenced by others, especially not emotionally.
- Treat yourself with kindness.
- Say no when you need to.
- It’s good for you to step out of your comfort zone.
- Always be truly present, in the moment. Here. Now.
- Make resting a priority, making fun a priority too.
- Learn from your mistakes, and learn from other people’s mistakes, it’s less painful.
- Accept when you’re sad or down, and confide in trustworthy people.
- Ask for help when you need it.
To be mentally strong doesn’t mean that you need to handle everything on your own, or that you should keep all your feelings bottled up so no one can see what’s really happening to you. Being mentally strong means to stay in control of your life, and always be aware of the actions you are taking and the thoughts that runs through your mind.
With everything happening around us daily and being bombarded with a busy lifestyle and media jargon, we’ve become numb and oblivious. This causes us to miss out on things happening around us, and causes us to be unaware of our thoughts and actions. We need to take control, we need to be mentally stronger, but we definitely do not have to do it on our own.