Over the past few years a lot has happened in my life. All of us can say that. But I learnt a few things, and I wish I knew these things earlier. So I’m sharing, because sharing is caring. A few of these I learned the hard way, others, I was lucky enough to be taught by others. So not all of these are my own wisdoms.
These things aren’t meant to be cliche’ tips. Each one of them have impacted my life some way or another. I’m sure many of you will be able to relate to some of these wisdoms.
So here they are:
- Getting married before 25 is NOT like leaving the party before 10.
- It’s REALLY the little things.
- Tell your spouse everything, EVERYTHING.
- Accept that some people won’t like you.
- Never lie to your doctor.
- There’s a 100 ways to enter a pool, the stairs isn’t one of them.
- Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
- If someone tells you a secret, keep it.
- Don’t stand in a doorway, in or out.
- A handshake means a lot more than an autograph.
- Don’t pose with alcohol.
- You can always apologise, it’s never too late.
- Don’t make a scene.
- NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant.
- A bunny is NOT a low maintenance pet.
- Don’t stare.
- If you have made your point, stop talking.
- Don’t listen to respond, just listen.
- Financial prosperity is relative.
- Know how to change a tire.
- You are what you do, not say.
- Never take off your heels, no matter how much it hurts.
- Never call someone before 9am or after 9pm.
- If you feel strongly about something, speak up, it means more than submitting to their opinion.
- In university, always sit in front.
- The answer is no if you don’t ask.
- Don’t be upset by gossip, it’s already said, you just know about it now.
- It’s okay to have a handful of friends.
- Your life is YOUR life.
- Take a vacation from your phone.
- Guys (and I guess some girls too) – If you HAVE to fight, punch first and punch hard.
And that’s that! Just like that, 31 things that would’ve made my life a little easier if I’d known them little earlier in life.