As mentioned in me previous post, we’re moving. And we just found out today that our application for our dream apartment has been accepted! We’re moving in 11 days time!
So this leaves me with an unpacked home, and a few days to do so.
Because of the short time I have to pack (as I’m working a full day weekly) I was inspired to get rid of as much junk as possible. So here’s a list of things all of us can easily get rid of:
- Wrapping paper scraps
- Out of date magazines
- Old receipts you no longer need
- Worn out hair ties
- Unmatched earrings
- Worn out or unmatched socks
- Old CD’s (all CD’s in my case)
- Stretched out or scratched sunglasses
- Out of date makeup, hair products, skincare products
- Worn out bras
- Scarves we never wear (I have way too many of those!)
- Expired medication
- Unwanted gifts
- Gloopy nail polish
- Old chargers and electronics you never use
- Tarnished jewellery (the ones that make your skin green!)
- Handbags you never use
- Boxes (electronics etc whose warrantee expired)
- Old phones
- Shopping bags
- Frayed or stained towels
- Frayed or stained washcloths
- Old school books
- Old cell phone covers
- Books you don’t enjoy
- Hair accessories you have multiples of
- Belts you don’t wear
- Old school bags
- Product samples
- Go through you pantry and throw away canned food that expired, and other foods that have expired.
- Glassware that isn’t sets anymore
- Blunt scissors and knives (you can either sharpen them or get rid of them)
We tend to accumulate so much junk without really realising how much it is. Reading through this list I realise the amount of rubbish we keep in our homes, for no particular reason.
A clean home leads to a clean mind.
Inspired by various articles on Pinterest